Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Mayne Man


It is always encouraging to know that my memory is intact and thanks to Lou Antosh for confirming the name of the cocoon ride as "The Caterpillar". Special thanks to all the brilliant techy people who invented the internet and the operating systems that are simple enough for a person who failed grade school math, like myself, to make use of this wonderful device. That ability has led me to the man of the hour, Mr. Hyla F Maynes of New York, who in 1922 invented the "The Caterpillar Ride". Wildwood By The Sea was one of many amusement parks that featured Maynes creation and it remained popular through the early 1970's. Five Caterpillars remain in use today throughout the US but only two of those have fully functional canopies, one at Idlewild Park in Western Pennsylvania. I was so excited to have identified this ride that I considered a trip to the Pennsylvania hinterlands just to take one more spin, air blowing under the darkened canopy. I am now just about the same age as my mother was the last time we rode together. My mother now is 84. I have a herniated disc and my mom has Alzheimer's Disease. I changed my mind. Hyla Maynes' Caterpillar seems to be aging a lot more gracefully than mom and me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a large range of things to do and physical exercises which you can pick out dependent with your health and fitness targets, schedule and personal preferences.


Also visit my blog; bowflex selecttech 552

Anonymous said...

They can be equipped for being with their family members members extra, as it cuts down the time
to generate towards the gym, modify attire, and so forth.


Also visit my website ... Read Alot more

Anonymous said...

Often, you could order a utilized established on eBay or
craigslist.

Feel free to visit my blog post - www.getfitnstrong.com/bowflex-dumbbells/reviewing-bowflex-selecttech-552-adjustable-dumbbells-pair/

Anonymous said...

I had been about to endorse the adjustable dumbbells but
immediately after some believed, no.

My homepage: Recommended Website

Anonymous said...

A single other gain which i forgot to mention is always that these isometrics gyms might also be used to work out working with isotonic workout.


Feel free to visit my web-site :: http://www.getfitnstrong.com/adjustable-dumbbells/7-reasons-adjustable-dumbbell-set/

Anonymous said...

It provides a great aerobic training session because you are utilizing your
entire physique and may work out as vigorously while you want;
you can also go at your personal pace in
the event you will need to operate your way up to
your better level of physical fitness.

My webpage bowflex 552

Anonymous said...

Many people today love doing exercises on the treadmill, but however, several usually are not
obtaining the entire benefit of their treadmill time.


Visit my web page :: please click the next website page